If you supply a complete, steel, bike that fits you I charge $1800 to convert it.
You’ll have a ready-to-ride complete cargo bike, with custom-size cargo platform!
- The original frame, handlebars, stem, seat and seatpost drivetrain, back brake, and rear wheel and all used on the finished cargobike. It saves you the expense of buying all new components!
- YOU PICK your custom cargo area dimensions. I’ll help you decide how big your cargo platform should be to fit your needs. Base price is a simple “flatbed” style cargo platform with tie-down rails (cargo boxes are extra, see below)
- A new 20″ fork with a Sturmey Archer drum brake front wheel/tire
- Steering linkage
- Powder coat finish, single coat, in one of 25 different colors. (custom colors are available, see below)
- Second headset
- Tripod-style kickstand
- And you get back the parts I don’t use. Make of them what you will!
Cargo boxes: Made to order. Pricing starts at $275 for a basic box. Child-carrying boxes start at $375 and include a bench seat and one safety harness (with attachment points for two harnesses). Want to haul groceries? You dog? Cats? Birds?! Children?!?! I can help make that happen.
Custom Powder Coat Colors: Most folks find they’re happy with one of the base powder coat colors, but custom colors are available. I can order in high gloss, metallic flake, and all kinds of quirky colors. This starts at an additional $75 and goes up from there.
Upgraded components: I can source all kinds up upgraded parts for your finished bike. The sky’s the limit. Just ask and we can get a price list together for you. Or just run the parts your donor bike had originally and upgrade it down the road.
I’m based in Portland as are most of my customers, but I have built bikes for folks out of the area. I do make a cargobike frame that unbolts in several places for easier shipping (it’s more expensive than the standard conversion fee). If you live in the Great Northwest, we can always discuss pricing for a personal delivery of your cargobike. I’m flexible.
Don’t have a used steel bike to donate?
Or maybe shipping me a bike isn’t the most cost-effective way to start your project. I can always source a donor bike locally that we’re reasonably confident will fit you, and add the cost of that bike to the overall cost of the conversion. Easy!
Ready to go?
Send me a message and let’s get started!